There is nothing quite like gathering with family and friends around the fireplace in the evening. Providing both literal and figurative warmth, a fireplace can have a major impact on the ambiance of your outdoor living space. Now, more than ever before, homeowners have countless options when it comes to fireplaces. The pros and cons of wood versus gas used to be black and white; with today’s technologies, the lines between the types are becoming blurred.
What is the Cost: Not all fireplaces cost the same but most of our clients spend between $5500.00 to $12,500 on their outdoor fireplace.
Wood or Gas: To some, wood fires smell as good as they look and usually the wood is readily available. Hardwoods like hickory and oak generate the most BTUs thus making them an excellent choice for heat. To others, the smoke and ash are not worth the hassle, plus they don’t want to make sure they have dry wood on hand. This is why there is gas. It’s easy to use with virtually no maintenance that will give around 40,000 to 85,000 BTUs. Like a grill, the flame will have a blue flicker if the pipes become clogged and natural gas requires a pro to run a buried supply line.
Outdoor Fireplace Vs. Fire Pit
The very first thing we ask homeowners who are weighing the options between a backyard fire pit vs. a fireplace, is: How do you plan to use it? The answer to that question helps narrow down the best choice for your yard and your family. While there are similarities between these two fire features, there is an overall different “experience” that each provides.
As you try to narrow it down, consider these important points about a fire pit vs. fireplace.
- You sit primarily in front of it as opposed to around it.
- It makes a bit more of an elegant architectural statement on your property.
- The smoke is directed up and out of a chimney.
- It takes up less space on your patio as it can be built on the edge.
- If part of a pavilion can be used even in rainy weather.
- You gather around a fire pit, therefore it’s often thought of as being more interactive.
- You can move completely around most fire pits, like a campfire. You can create seating on all sides.
Reasons To Work With Sta-Built Construction:
Reasonably Priced for Excellent Workmanship
5 Year Workmanship Warranty on Craftsmanship
Easy Financing Options
Specialized Contractor in the Hardscape Industry
A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
Fully Licensed and Insured
Customer Experience App
Dedicated Project Management Team